Thursday 22 September 2011

Ideas For Short Film

After watching some of the short films in class, we have been coming up with ideas that we feel could make a solid short film. The film that started of my ideas was Sign Language, we aim to make a witty, light-hearted film that possibly focuses or surronds the subject of seath. My bais idea is that we make an uplifitng film that doesn't have to be dark or upsetting. My small synopsis so far, is that is about a girl who is going on a journey to a graveyard to visit her dead partner. However, the point-of-view will be a subjective one. As I think that it would be too hard to give it away. I'm not sure on whether we should add a one-plot twist yet. In terms of dialogue, we would possibly have a little on-set dialogue and voice-over.

One of the themes that we could address is getting by in life. I'm not usre how exactly we can approach this but I think it would be effective to take on a taboo subject in a more uplifiting way because not many short films do. If possible, we could use 360 degree, low and high angle shots as I would want to try and show the different stages of the character's day i.e, her moods or how she views herself in society. The character I would be trying to portray would be a happy-go-lucky, joyful but at times she can go off into her own world and not focus on certain ascpects. I think the aim would be not only to show her journey to the graveyard but the detioration of her mind and how she's not coping with the death of her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment